Do You Like Writing ? Find how You can Make Money Writing
Writing can be a rewarding way of using your creative skills both for personal fulfillment and to earn money. Freelance opportunities provide flexible employment, while the research and imagination involved in writing can be highly enjoyable. That said, earning money as a writer is not always easy or quick. Fortunately, opportunities have proliferated with the growth of online publishing for writers to break into the historically difficult realm of writing for profit.
A host of possibilities now exist to earn money from your writing outside the bounds of traditional publishing.
This article discusses the following info :
- Consider your audience.
- Focus upon an area of expertise.
- Choose a blogging platform.
- Find a suitable domain.
- Update your blog regularly.
Consider your audience.
Rather than writing a personal blog, create and maintain a blog on a specific topic. Readers are more likely to
return regularly to blogs that provide reliable content in a specific subject area.
- Reflect upon your interests. Perhaps you are an enthusiastic gardener or a voracious reader of
celebrity news. Targeting a blog to your interests will help keep you engaged as a writer, and your
passion for the subject will likely translate into enjoyable content for your readers.
Focus upon an area of expertise.
Maybe you work in computer programming or have learned how to provide restricted-diet foods for your family. Use
these skills as a foundation for developing a blog that will provide useful instruction for your readers.[
- Ensure the topic you pick to blog about attracts and interests a large audience. You can take a quick
survey on the internet to find out whether your niche has competitors as well as monetization potential.
Choose a blogging platform.
Find the best blogging website that best suits your needs. There is a wide variety of website builders where you
can build your blogs such as WordPress, Wix, Jimdo, and more.
- WordPress has so far proved to be among the best website builders to create your blog.
- As a starter you should pick a builder with the cheapest plan then you can upgrade later as your needs
Find a suitable domain.
A domain is simply a unique web address. Any website builder you choose has a domain search tool to help you
pick your domain. Most builders offer a free domain for each of their plans.
- A domain with a ".com" extension costs about $10-$15 per year. You can alternatively use other
extensions such as ".net", ".blog" or more.
Update your blog regularly.
Careful attention to blog maintenance and to providing fresh content will help you grow and maintain a steady
- Create a regular schedule to keep yourself on track. Perhaps you'll plan to post a set number of times
per week, or designate different content for different days -- a recipe each Monday and Wednesday, for
example, on a culinary blog, with plans to share shopping advice on Tuesdays and an amusing anecdote on
- Learn how to schedule postings in advance. Popular blogging sites typically give you the option of
drafting posts and then scheduling them for release at a future date and time. Doing so will enable you
to keep your blog active even if you're out of town or otherwise occupied.